Music for Integration – sharing experiences & information is a whole day conference at Kulturkvarteret Kristianstad Thursday 16 november 2017.
The theme of the day is music as a tool for integration. Questions we raise are:
• How can we integrate professional musicians: create networks and venues for newly arrived immigrant and in Sweden already established musicians?
• How do we reach out to newly arrived immigrant families?
• How do we find and engage young immigrant musicians?
• How can one use music as a tool for integration within preschools and schools?
• How can institutions, freelancers, civil society organisations and other actors collaborate and support each other for a more integrated music and culture scene in Sweden?
For whom is the conference?
The conference is open to all, but targets in particularly people interested in music and culture within the field of integration, preschools, schools, musicians and other professional creatives.
The purpose of the conference
Employment and housing are the cornerstones of integration, but sports, culture and civil society are often mentioned as door openers to the Swedish society. How about music? This day we would like to gather all people who are passionate about or in different ways work with music and /or integration to share knowledge and experience about how to use music as a tool for integration and achieve a more integrated music scene characterized by diversity and gender-equality.
Free but requires pre-registration
The conference is free, but you need to pre-register and let us know if you registered and are unable to attend (since we provide food and drinks ). If you have been registered and do not communicate your absence before the event you will be charged a fee of 300 SEK.